Training Support Technician/Role Player Actor
The successful Training Support Technician / candidate will support training delivery at the Center for Domestic Preparedness on a Part Time Basis, providing RPA support (portraying victims, protesters, casualties, potentially wearing makeup and clothing (employer supplied) to simulate casualties/injuries during training scenarios; Logistics support (providing logistics inventory management and recurring report requirements); Quality surveillance (provide classroom readiness, administrative support and assurance support); and Training Administration support (providing training department administration and recurring report requirements). Assigned to the respective Leidos department manager, with other duties as assigned based on CDP Training Delivery support requirements.
The Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP) is a national training facility located in Anniston, Alabama that prepares state and local emergency response personnel to respond to all hazards, including terrorist attacks using weapons of mass destruction, by providing hands on training. Training courses provided by CDP provide specific knowledge and expertise for deterrence, prevention and response to Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosive (CBRNE), mass casualty, and hazardous materials incidents by providing advanced, hands-on and classroom-based state of the art training.
- Support training delivery as role player actors (RPA), logistics support, quality management support, or as training department administrative support and other duties as assigned. As an RPA the Training Support Technician will portray victims, protesters, casualties, potentially requiring wearing makeup and clothing (employer supplied) to simulate casualties/ injuries.
- When assigned to logistics duties, will provide support by assisting in the inventory, accountability, and reporting of training equipment, transporting and setting up training equipment, and performing warehousing, packing, and shipping duties.
- When assigned as a QM representative, attend Quality Council Meetings on behalf of their assigned department, conduct class room surveillance as directed.
- When assigned to Training Department support requirements, provide administrative support to include recurring reports, morning report and personnel accountability, instructor scheduling support, and testing support. Additional duties will consist of providing clerical and organizational support to the assigned department manager, as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent combined with 1 year of relevant experience.
- Working knowledge and experience of CDP/Leidos training and logistics reports, exercise support as a RPA, CDP/Leidos Quality Management policies, and procedures
- CDP/Leidos Training Management policies and procedures, and computer software applications to include word processing, database, and spread sheet
- Must possess and exhibit good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) during training exercises
- Ability to lift, turn, and carry material (up to 60 pounds)
- Possess a valid drivers’ license
- Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule
- All applicants must have the accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act.
EMPLOYMENT CONTINGENCY: Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U.S. Citizenship required. Must successfully complete a pre-placement screening consisting of background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U.S. Citizenship is required.
$15.86 per hour